A Louisiana woman became a viral sensation after she stunned Black Twitter with her hairstyle. Forty-year-old Tessica Brown opened up about her decision to use Gorilla Glue on her hair after running out of Got2b Glued Spray. However, the Gorilla Glue product worked so well that Brown was not able to get it out of her hair, which led her to seek help online from people on TikTok and other social media platforms.
Brown, of Violet, Louisiana, checked into the emergency room at her local hospital to get help from medical professionals. She wanted them to remove the Gorilla Glue from her hair. However, they were not successful in their attempts. The healthcare workers used acetone to help breakdown the strong glue, but this led to acetone burns that injured Brown during her 22-hour hospital visit.
The acetone did not work to remove the Gorilla Glue. Instead, it only made the glue sticky before it just dried up again. The healthcare workers simply were not able to remove the glue from the woman’s hair despite their best efforts to do so.
Brown was stuck with the Gorilla Glue hairstyle for an entire month. Healthcare workers were not able to help her, so they urged her to keep using the acetone at home to hopefully remove the glue from her hair.
On Sunday, she shared an update from her home where she was using sterile water and acetone wipes to get rid of the Gorilla Glue.
“This is really about to be a long process,” she wrote.
Although Gorilla Glue never suggested for her to try their product in her hair, they have suggested that she try rubbing alcohol to see if it can break down the glue compound. They also issued their sincere apologies to Brown for the mistake.
“We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair.”
The company also shared a statement that said: “We are aware of the situation, and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair. This is a unique situation because this product s not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent. Our spray adhesive states in the warning label, “do not swallow. Do not get in eyes, on the skin or on clothing.”’
The company added: “We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best.”
Now, TMZ is reporting that Tessica Brown has hired an attorney. She plans to file a lawsuit against Gorilla Glue and accuse them of selling the product with a misleading label. The label lists Gorilla Glue as a skin irritant, but it does not currently mention hair, which may give credence to Brown’s lawsuit.
Tessica Brown’s situation became a viral sensation after she came forward with her hair troubles. People were shocked that she thought it was a good idea to use the industrial adhesive in her hair.
Every time you share an AWM story, you help build a home for a disabled veteran.